- Cookies policy
This policy refers to cookies and web pages operated by SOROCAM SRL, located in Popesti Leordeni, Soseaua de Centura, nr. 73, Ilfov county, Romania, which will be referred to hereinafter as “SOROCAM”, “we”, “us”, “our”.
- What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file, generally consisting of identifiers, website names, letters and numbers, which the user, when browsing the web page via a web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc.), may or may not allow to be stored on the computer, mobile device or other equipment used by the user. The cookie file is “passive” (does not contain software, viruses or spyware and cannot access information on the user’s hard drive).
- What are cookies used for?
These files make it possible to recognise the user’s terminal and present them with content tailored to their preferences. Cookies ensure the user a pleasant browsing experience and support Sorocam’s efforts to provide convenient services to the user, such as: online privacy preferences, shopping cart if applicable or relevant advertising. Cookies are used in the preparation of aggregated anonymous statistics that help us understand how a user benefits from our web pages, allowing us to improve their structure and content.
- What types of cookies do we use?
We use two types of cookies:
- session files – temporary files that remain on the user’s terminal until the browsing session is closed or the application (web browser) is closed
- persistent – files that remain on the user’s terminal for a period defined by the parameters of that cookie or until they are manually deleted by the user.
- How are cookies used by this site?
A visit to this site may place the following types of cookies:
- Site performance cookies;
- Visitor analytics cookies;
- Registration cookies;
- Advertising cookies;
- Cookies from advertising providers.
Examples of the usefulness of cookies (which do not require a user to authenticate via an account):
- Content and services tailored to user preferences – categories of products and services.
- Offers tailored to users’ interests;
- Retention of login details (user and password);
- Retain child protection filters on Internet content (family mode options, safe search functions);
- Limiting ad serving frequency – limiting the number of times an ad is shown to a particular user on a site;
- Providing relevant advertising to the user;
- Measurement, optimization and analytics features – such as confirming a certain level of traffic to a website, what type of content is being viewed and how a user gets to a website (e.g. via search engines, directly, from other websites, etc.). Websites perform this usage analysis to improve their content for the benefit of the user.
Cookies that are technically not required to be stored on the user’s terminal will only be used if the user expressly and unequivocally consents to them by checking the categories presented.
The user can withdraw his/her consent at any time by changing the settings of the browser used. Details on changing browser settings can be found on the browser developers’ websites, in the “Settings” section below:
- What data do cookies contain?
In most cases, cookies do not directly identify Internet users, but the terminal from which they accessed certain web pages. This data is encrypted in a way that does not allow unauthorised access by third parties.
- Retention and deletion of cookies
In general, an application used to access web pages allows cookies to be saved on the user’s terminal by default. These settings can be modified by the user so that the automatic management of cookies is blocked by the web browser or the user is informed each time cookies are sent to his terminal.
- Useful links
- Cookies policy